South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary offers five basic degree programs, one diploma course and four advanced degree programs. Students can choose the suitable program based on their educational level, calling and needs. An entrance examination will be conducted for all students seeking admission to these programs. Only successful candidates shall be admitted to the particular course.
The purpose of this course is to provide students with a basic foundation in Biblical knowledge and ministry.
The purpose of this course is to provide students with basic foundation in Biblical knowledge and ministry.
This course is designed to provide students with sound biblical foundation and equip them for evangelism and ministries of the church.
The Master of Arts in Bible Translation program is designed to prepare individuals in translation principles, procedures, skills, as well as courses in linguistics, enabling them for the sacred task of translating the Bible.
Candidates should have graduated with a Bachelor of Thelogy degree from SIBBC or an institution that follows a similar theological position.
Students may also be considered based upon the following credentials
1. A bachelor's degree from a secular institution in the field of education, linguistics, literacy or a similar field of study.
2. Ministry experience and theological training in a local church setting. These candidates may not be eligible for the Master's Degree.
The candidate should have graduated with a Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) degree from South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary or any other institution that follows a similar curriculum and takes the same theological position.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with B+ or above average.
- A candidate who has acquired below 3.0 overall in B.Th. may apply for M.Div. after one year of active Christian service following his graduation.
- A graduate in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com who want to go for the M.Div program must first complete a one year Pre-M.Div course which is specially designed for degree holders and then may join the M.Div. Course,(total of 3 years to complete M.Div.)
- Good Christian standing.
- Aptitude for advanced learning and potential for significant Christian ministry.
- A Master of Divinity degree with a B+ average from South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary or from its sister institutions.
- M.Div with a B+ average from any other recognized institution that follows a similar curriculum and takes the same theological position.
- A university degree with a second class. Applicant with a university degree must earn SIBBC& S M.Div. degree course credits in order to qualify for admission.
- Applicant must have a Master of Divinity degree or the equivalent and have at least two years of experience in the ministry.
- Those with an M.A. Degree and at least five years of experience may be admitted by special provision. Some credits may be granted for pastoral and Christian education courses because of the applicant's experience to make up for M. Div. equivalence. Typical M. Div. academic classes will be assigned to make up the pre-requisite.
- In some cases reading and/or projects may be assigned to be completed either prior to the course or following it.
- All applicants are provisionally admitted to the program and are on evaluation for the first year. The applicant's eligibility for candidacy in the second year depends upon the collective evaluation report of the faculty handling the classes.Read More...