The Master of Divinity program is for candidates with a secular Bachelors or a Bible College degree who, desire to study further than the bachelors level in their quest for effectiveness in ministry. Hebrew and Greek grammar, syntax and exegesis are required along with other specific subjects.
1. To equip the candidates to become competent Biblical expositors, preachers of the Word of God.
2. To inculcate sound Biblical principles of ministry and leadership. To inspire the candidates for national and global missions.
3. To help develop research skills that promote deeper understanding of the Word of God.
The candidate should have graduated with a Bachelor of Theology (B.Th.) degree from South India Baptist Bible College & Seminary or any other institution that follows a similar curriculum and takes the same theological position.
- The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination with B+ or above average.
- A candidate who has acquired below 3.0 overall in B.Th. may apply for M.Div. after one year of active Christian service following his graduation.
- A graduate in B.A./B.Sc./B.Com who want to go for the M.Div program must first complete a one year Pre-M.Div course which is specially designed for degree holders and then may join the M.Div. Course,(total of 3 years to complete M.Div.)